[Bf-committers] Core dump mysterium

Meino Christian Cramer bf-committers@blender.org
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 15:35:58 +0000 (Local time zone must be set--see zic manual page)

From: hans@lambermont.dyndns.org (Hans Lambermont)
Subject: Re: [Bf-committers] Core dump mysterium
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 13:00:05 +0200

> Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
>
> >   configure --disable-openal
> >   So, all optimization that is active while compiling is coming "from
> >   inside" the source tree (as prefereces or such).
>
> Please don't confuse the newly proposed build system with code from
> 'inside the source tree' ;-)

  Hrrrmm....I am confused....
  What should not confuse with what ?

> >   (rhymes wins!;) into the output of make: There are some -O2's and
> >   some -fxxxyyyzzz...but all those are not set by me.
>
> It must be possible to add an argument to configure such that it removes
> all optimization. I don't know how, as I'm not familiar with the auto*
> tools.

  ...an I am not familiar with this damn makefiel system...
  (sorry, not meant harsh...I am just frustrated...see below...)

  I will check this (opti-Flags for autostuff...)

> >   If the glibc would be b0rken, other programs would have also
> >   problems (I think).
>
> Not necessarily, but most probably yes.

  I am nearly sure, since the whole KDE survives it and the segfault
  happens on a very basic funtionality in blender...

> >   Would it be possible, that the blender sources are not
> >   gcc-3.2.2-ready?
>
> hehe :) nice way of putting it. Turn it around: gcc-3.2.2 is not fully
> matured yet to compile gcc-2.9x (or various other non-gcc compilers)
> code.

  In other words:
  If you got a bold and a nut, which do not fit together: What is the
  wrong part ???  ;)

> >   The same compilation algo is used on the system, where the compiled
> >   blender runs fine.
>
> Ehhm, now you've got me confused. What system is this ?

  The one with the following config is the "blender-runs-system":
  CXX=gcc-2.95.3
  CC=gcc-3.2.2
  glibc2.2.5

  The one, on which blender has problems:
  CXX=gcc-3.2.2
  CC=gcc-3.2.2
  glibc2.3.1

  OK?

> Did you try a build using the traditional makefiles ? You can set the
> optimization flags in source/nan_compile.mk for the whole system per
> platform.

  I check source/nan_definitions.mk and found nothing special -- or
  dont understand it at all.

  Giving "make" resutls ON BOTH SYSTEMS in

  ====> make all in blender/extern
  mkdir: cannot create directory `/home/mccramer/data/static/home/mccramer/ZZZ/newdir/../lib/linux-glibc2.2.5-i386': No such file or directory

  (on the other system, the other libc-version is mentioned though...

  Hans, as I has already tried to get this make file beast running
  with no success at all, I would be VERY HAPPY, if one could explain
  me how to handle it. I would be able to make bug reports which may
  be more valuable to the community, then.

  Thank you very much for your help and understanding in advance!

> regards,
>    Hans
> --

  Kind regards,