[Bf-committers] intern and source issue

Charles Wardlaw bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:28:01 -0800 (PST)

> 1 - Split off intern to a seperate lib
>     Create a new component which will result in a libblender_intern
>     library. This implies that a user who wants to build blender, has

>     to download one additional package.

Do you mean to remove the intern stuff from the main branch and into
its own completely, or to simply have the makefiles generate a library
during the make process?

Speaking of which, now that GHOST is its own trunk, how is that going
to be handled with regards to downloading the bf-blender tree?

> 2 - Create new include directory in blender/
>     In the root directory of blender, create a new directory include/
>     that contains all necessary header files for intern/. Of course
> we
>     don't want to maintain any duplicate headerfiles, so this means
> the
>     files need to be removed. This does not apply for header files
> that
>     are only used from within the intern/ directory.

I like this way best.  Combined with (1), it would seem to fit in quite
well with the rest of blender's internal library making.  As for
duplicate header files, they won't be in CVS, so do they matter?  We
can just make a new subdir under the main lib trunk
(../lib/[system]/libblender_intern) and copy the files there before
moving on in the build process.

- Charles