[Bf-committers] intern and source issue

Kent Mein bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 12:47:46 -0600

> Hi,
>
> It has always been the purpose to let the source files from source/
> never refer to .h files in intern/.
> However, with the new auto* build system, this gives some trouble.
> Currently, various Makefile.am's refer to intern/ just because the
> source files depend on it. So this practice is in fact breaking the
> rule. With the auto* build getting better every day, and almost to a
> point where the NaN build system becomes obsolete, the issue about
> source and intern may need to be addressed. Below I have summed up four
> possible solutions to this problem:

Maybe the solution is to dump the stuff from intern that shouldn't be there
and merge what is left into the source dir.  I think it would make the source
easier to understand.

With ghost splitting off,
(There has also been talk of merging bmfont stuff back into ghost, which I
think is probably a good idea.)

The keymaker dir should just go away.
img isn't used in autoconf so it should go away too.
Probably no need really for two tools directorys.

Would be nice if the python stuff were all in one place.

The rest of the stuff  (Which isn't a whole heck of a lot really should
maybe get dumped into blender/source/kernel)

Just an idea :)

Kent