[Bf-committers] Compiling on OS X

LarstiQ bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 22:35:05 +0100

On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 11:17:30AM -0900, Michael Velikanje wrote:
> I made some modifications to Makemakefile_ac.py and Makemakefile.py
> due to this error:
> ""makefile", line 134: Missing dependency operator
> "makefile", line 136: Need an operator"
> when the Makefile in ../intern/python/frozen runs.

That Makefile is generated by intern/python/freeze/makemakefile.py and
makemakefile_ac.py, the latter in your case. In my generated copy those
lines are 'ifeq ($(MACHDEP), darwin)' and 'endif', not the stuff of
breakage.

> These are the lines in the frozen/Makefile that generate the error:
> "134- ifeq ($(MACHDEP), darwin)
> 	ranlib libfrozen.a
> 136- endif"

Right, looks ok. Certainly works for me after a fresh checkout.

> I can get it to work by commenting these lines in Makemakefile_ac.py
> and Makemakefile.py. For some reason make doesn't like the syntax
> generated by this:

What exactly doesn't it like?

<snip>

> ld: can't locate file for: -lpython2.3

Here ld can't find the python2.3 library, which is weird, how did
configure find it then? Could you put your config.log online?

> This is  "bf-blender-2003-03-27.tgz.gz" that I'm trying to compile.

Cvs snapshots aren't guaranteed to work, as cvs might have been broken
at the time, having a look at this particular tarball.

LarstiQ