[Bf-committers] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/blenkernel BKE_booleanops.h blender/source/blender/src booleanops.c

Daniel Dunbar bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 09:13:42 -0800 (PST)

Yup, this is very true, however, even if the boolean lib did
provide normal information, there is no way for blender to keep
that information synchronized, the next time the user edits the
mesh all the normals will be rebuilt.

I think procedural normals are only usefull when the user does
not edit the end product (for example if we had interactive booleans
instead of just a boolean tool).

Its more of a consistency issue, keeping the mesh similar to how
it was before, than an actually usefull tool... using booleans for
something that is smooth is either a) going to require a lot of
mesh tweaking afterwards, so the normals will get rebuilt or b) just
a thing someone is doing as a quick hack, and the quality of results
is not super important.