[Bf-committers] VC7 build & NODEFAULTLIB

Daniel Dunbar bf-committers@blender.org
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 09:53:53 -0800 (PST)

Well, if someone tosses me commit writes (muahahaha) I'll put them
through (eventualy, I have to redo my checkout to make sure its nice
and clean, I had to mangle stuff to get everything to compile happily).

VS.NET has one nasty feature-loss where it will try to rebuild all
projects in a workspace (now called a 'solution') even if they haven't
changed. Unfortunatly this means a one line change on my athlon 2000
is actually slower to compile than on my old NaN pentium 2 or whatever
it was. This probably means the projectfiles need to be rearranged for
folks using VS.NET anyway. (There is a vs addin to correct the problem,
but its not 100% reliable as far as a correct rebuild).

--- Maarten Gribnau <mail@maartengribnau.com> wrote:
> Hey Daniel!
>
> Yes that's right but if more and more people are moving to msvc7 then
> we should do it as well. It's not that much work if you are working
> with them regularly.
>
> Maarten

=====
daniel dunbar