[Bf-committers] VC7 build & NODEFAULTLIB

Maarten Gribnau bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 22:03:06 +0100

Hey Daniel!

Yes that's right but if more and more people are moving to msvc7 then
we should do it as well. It's not that much work if you are working
with them regularly.

Maarten

On Thursday, Mar 13, 2003, at 15:54 Europe/Amsterdam, Daniel Dunbar
wrote:

> Historically we had enough problems keeping the projectfiles
> up to do, and they are so nasty to work with the less required
> the better.
>
> --- Rob Haarsma <rob@captainvideo.nl> wrote:
>> Hey Daniel!
>>
>> I wouldn't mind *at all* when you copied the entire projectfiles
>> directory,
>> name it projectfiles_msvc7 and make all nescessary changes in this
>> new dir.
>> Since all references from the *.dsp files are relative, this should
>> work
>> nicely.
>>
>> The only drawback is here that there are two msvc setups that have to
>> be
>> maintained.
>>
>> Rob.
>>

>> Daniel Dunbar wrote:
>>
>>> The VC7 (.NET) build of blender doesn't link in debug mode, the
>>> nodefaultlib
>>> crud is forcing it to link across the wrong C++ runtime. Unless it
>>> causes
>>> problems with VC6 builds the blender project should be linking
>>> against
>>> libcpmtd.lib, not libcmtd.lib... if the nodefaultlib crap could be