[Bf-committers] Re: [XFree86] [blender 2.26cvs + XFree430] Total machinge lock

Meino Christian Cramer bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 05:33:41 +0100 (MET)

From: Michel D=E4nzer <michel@daenzer.net>
Subject: Re: [XFree86] [blender 2.26cvs + XFree430] Total machinge lock=

Date: 12 Mar 2003 02:20:55 +0100

Hi,

> On Die, 2003-03-11 at 06:55, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
> > From: Michel D=E4nzer <michel@daenzer.net>
> > =

> >  oh yeah! The patch fixed it! Great...I am happy...!
> =

> Great!

  ...before thinking ANY problem is solved:
  The crash due to opne a DispWin-window still remains "working"...

  I only meant: The script runs again!

  I still have to set "export RADEON_NO_VTXFMT=3D1" to get renderings i=
  a DispWin-window instead of DispView (directly on the screen)...

  But there is now a way to use blender at all.

> David*, will you keep merging fixes from the DRI mesa-4-0-4-branch, o=
> should I submit a patch?
> =

> =

> >  When I do understand, what is all behind the possible settings giv=
en
> >  in dri_driver_features.phtml I will try to use them...
> =

> No need to play with them when things are working? :)

  See above....
  (I still dont understand what all these env-vars do. If a would have
  a problem I woulld set them all in a complete permutation pattern,
  which mean: I would be the monkey in front of the typewrite. And in
  opposite to the known example there would be no other monkey to
  produce a Shakespeare piece (=3D w orking setting)...so I would have
  to play all permutations alone........just joking and playing with
  words, Michael! THIS IS NO CRITISM AT ALL!

  The only thing I would like is a more end-user understandable
  explanation of the settings.  =

  Keep Hacking!
  Meino
  =