[Bf-committers] sources for 2.23

Tue, 11 Mar 2003 13:37:57 +0100

Hi,

To go back even further in history: originally, in the Irix windowing
system, opening a double buffered or single buffered window was as easy
as one call, and drawing to to it was transparant and fast and didnt
require any hacks or patches.

When moving to glut (because of the port to opengl), I discoverd glut
didnt support single buffer well... I can't remember the actual
problems with it.
For that reason we had to use a double buffered window, and just draw
in 'front buffer'. This caused quite some hacks and patches, as with
more glut related functions.

The Ghost design was also meant to solve that.

-Ton-