[Bf-committers] Imbuf Docs

Casey Corn bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:09:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all!

While documenting blender/source/blender/imbuf, I've
run across the following issues which make it hard to
document certain things:

#1 - In the imbuf/IMB_imbuf.h file there are some
functions declared:

void cspace(struct ImBuf *ibuf, float mat[][4]);
void freezbufImBuf(struct ImBuf * ibuf);

which do not appear to be defined (or used) anywhere
in the blender source code.  There are functions with
the same signature and name, except preceeded by IMB_,
declared in the same file, and defined in
imbuf/intern/*.c

void IMB_cspace(struct ImBuf *ibuf, float mat[][4]);
void IMB_freezbufImBuf(struct ImBuf * ibuf);

I'm thinking the IMB_* functions replaced the other
functions, and then nobody got rid of the originals.

Could someone please confirm this?  It's hard to know
what these functions should do if there's no code ;) .

#2 - In the same file, some functions are declared,
but not defined (or used), and don't appear to have
any corresponding functions which *are* defined:
void IMB_addzbufImbuf(struct ImBuf * ibuf);
void IMB_init_movie_pointers(void)

#3 - The anim struct is defined in
imbuf/intern/IMB_anim.h but is used in several
functions declared in imbuf/IMB_imbuf.h . Should this
struct definition be moved to imbuf/IMB_imbuf_types.h
(where I can document it ;) )?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Casey