[Bf-committers] Installation and/or splash screen

Stefan Gartner bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 11:18:26 +0200

Hi,

as far as i know the splash screen should only appear if your ~/.B.blend file
doesn't exist (or is very old).

Assuming you're on OS X, are you moving the entire application bundle or only
the executable itself? By default blender looks for the international files
in ~/.blender and inside its app bundle. If you've only moved the executable,
it most likely is unable to locate the bundle. Another reason might be that
you're using a custom font for the ui which blender cannot find after moving
(especially if you've specified a relative path to the font). Are there any
unusual messages in console.log which might help figuring out what's going
on?

sgefant