[Bf-committers] OSX 2.27a

Fri, 20 Jun 2003 22:22:56 +0200

Hi,

>> - much more responsive interface (open radiosity buttons and move
>> mouse around, now try with the older ones)
>> - no freeze in 'millions of colors' anymore, but still runs slower.
>
> Hm. I never had a problem with either of these two issues. Still
> don't, so I guess that's good. I typically run Blender on a
> dual-monitor system with both monitors set to Millions of colors and
> never noticed either a slowdown at full screen or a freeze.

A 3.5 year old G4 here... so might be the reason. :)

> Folks, I am about to start going through the tooltips and add those
> that are missing and try to make those that are there more consistent
> with Apple's guidelines (as suggested by Matt Ebb). Is this the best
> board to query if the function of a particular button/element isn't
> clear to me as a user as it is, and who'd like to handle committing
> the changes for me once I get them in there?
>
> I'm going to stay in interface.c for the time being.

Yah, a lot of tooltips were just added with a meaningless phrase by
somebody in NaN... but they're all in three files:
headerbuttons.c
buttons.c
editsca.c

Nothing to do in interface.c here!

Further, the reference guide (2.0, and game engine doc) are really good
to use here. If you plan to do & finish it, I can just send you this
engine reference doc. It's covers all until 2.24. There's also a good
doc on the character animation (publisher 2.25 doc).

Just bother me for help & committing.

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org