[Bf-committers] Please test!

Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:08:55 +0200

Hi,

Great, feedback! I also found a new one, the Radiosity buttons feel
very unresponsive in a maximized window... very weird.

> Did find that the spherical UV mapping still has some odd behavior: a
> wrap will sometimes put faces in the middle of nowhere instead of
> contiguous where they belong. I can provide some screenshots if
> someone wants to work on it.

Nice one for a rookie to put the teeth in! I doubt it's OSX related?

> There is a nasty flash when clicking the "maximize" button, don't know
> if this is preventable or not.

Yah, I get that wind resizing the window too. It is low level
ghost/opengl context stuff. I tried to fix more here, without
results... (the close renderwin error). I've asked Maarten Gribnau for
assistance.

> Clicking on "Options" button when selecting a Quicktime Codex still
> brings up a blank window and essentially locks up Blender: it becomes
> unresponsive until you force quit it.

Hope someone else does it... like the ones that wanted this feature in
the first place!

> When in UV select mode, the cursor in the object window is a "rotate"
> arrow. Ton, I think maybe you were looking to make better use of the
> various system cursors available under OS X, but this particular one
> confused me. I thought I was suddenly dropped into Rotate mode because
> of how this cursor looked. Perhaps an open arrow instead?

There are only a very few OSX cursors by default. At Irix, and I
remember at all X11 versions, the cursor switches direction (right
pointing) when in this mode. The only function is to remind you're in a
'mode'... people get stuck too easily.

Maybe it's a good idea to use the crosshair instead for it? Serves as a
warning too, and we can ask some designers to come with a definite new
set of blender cursors.

> Still have to click on the main Blender screen title bar after
> dismissing the render screen with "ESC." This isn't so much a bug as
> it is an unusual method of working with the program. Those that don't
> know the trick will think that Blender is broken or locked up.

Fixed that (previous mail from me). Need feedback on other platforms.

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org