[Bf-committers] Please test!

Douglas Bischoff bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 09:47:45 -0400

On Wednesday, Jun 11, 2003, at 11:51 US/Eastern, Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> OSX coders: please compile/test! I need more osx related bugs, they
> taste good!
> Other coders: please check if I didnt destroy your platforms.

How about the big one... no plug-ins. :-)

Autoconf Blender now properly loads .ttf fonts in OS X. Thank you!

Under autoconf, still no international drawing support.

Beautiful job on fixing the flashing screen on face select & vertex
paint modes!

Did find that the spherical UV mapping still has some odd behavior: a
wrap will sometimes put faces in the middle of nowhere instead of
contiguous where they belong. I can provide some screenshots if someone
wants to work on it.

There is a nasty flash when clicking the "maximize" button, don't know
if this is preventable or not.

Clicking on "Options" button when selecting a Quicktime Codex still
brings up a blank window and essentially locks up Blender: it becomes
unresponsive until you force quit it.

When in UV select mode, the cursor in the object window is a "rotate"
arrow. Ton, I think maybe you were looking to make better use of the
various system cursors available under OS X, but this particular one
confused me. I thought I was suddenly dropped into Rotate mode because
of how this cursor looked. Perhaps an open arrow instead?

Still have to click on the main Blender screen title bar after
dismissing the render screen with "ESC." This isn't so much a bug as it
is an unusual method of working with the program. Those that don't know
the trick will think that Blender is broken or locked up.

Render time now displays properly. Thanks!

ESC key responsiveness during Render is also good.

Definite improvement, Ton. Thank you and all other coders working on
projects that keep OS X parity up to snuff!!

-Bish