[Bf-committers] Feature Request: Per-polygon properties

Jordi Rovira i Bonet bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 15:07:38 +0200

Jorrit Tyberghein wrote:

> Ton Roosendaal wrote:
>

>> Don't know what you mean here... I would suggest you just take the
>> bf-blender release and hack this in, and make your own release?
>> Blender files written with your additions (provided its coded
>> correct)  will be full compatible. In both ways!
>>
> Hmm... I would have prefered that this became part of the main
> Blender. Otherwise we have to
> keep maintaining a seperate blender release. This is hard for us when
> there are new releases
> of Blender.

I agree that a way to add "external application-specific" info could be
of use. Also, it should be made accessible in python, of course. It
would help for my similar project of using Blender to build scenes for
NeoEngine.

About the per-face normals.. in that file you pointed me to (Ton),  the
functions simply make a cross product and normalise. Does this mean that
the vertices are consistently oriented?

(bandoler)