[Bf-committers] Depth of Field

Alexander Ewering bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 22:58:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, Douglas Bischoff wrote:

> Hello again:
>
> IMO any program that is supposed to simulate a camera (as Blender's
> renderer is more-or-less trying to do) should handle this basic
> function.

Hi,

I agree that having DOF directly inside blender (and thus visible in
a simple F12 render) would be a great plus.

This should not be too difficult to code - basically, it would suffice
to hack the zblur-plugin code directly into Blender.

That would work for basic stuff (without Halos, etc.), but if we
already incorporate it directly into the application, maybe a cleaner
and more sophisticated (and faster) approach should be used.

I'm not that much into the math behind it (and lacking time), but I
think it's a very good suggestion :)