[Bf-committers] Depth of Field

Douglas Bischoff bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 14:29:30 -0400

Hello again:

One of the things I find most frustrating about not having plug-in
support for OS X is the lack of access to Depth of Field functionality.
IMO any program that is supposed to simulate a camera (as Blender's
renderer is more-or-less trying to do) should handle this basic
function.

I've posted a feature request asking for controls in the Camera button
panel to simulate commonly-understood photographic terms for depth of
field/focus. The visual representation might be akin to spotlights
and/or mist settings, with a graduated line or stripe indicating "too
close" to "in focus" to "too far" by a range of color from, say, red to
white to blue (using the convention of red for foreground warmth, blue
for background coolness).

Is the author of the zBlur plugin still an active developer?

Thanks for any response,

-Bischofftep