[Bf-committers] 64bit ready ?

Tue, 10 Jun 2003 16:23:48 +0200

Hi,

Up to 2.14 or so, we had a 64 bits Alpha version. In NaN we were used
to do coding that works for both 32/64 bits. For this these conventions
apply:

- be aware that pointers can both be 32 or 64 bits, dependant at how it
compiles. Blender detects pointersize itself
- the 'long' type is equal to pointersize (blender convention). This to
be able to do casting, address calculus, etc.

So, just compile it! :)
Might be that newer code in blender (new engine) doesnt run... but that
doesnt do it now either!

-Ton-