[Bf-committers] 64bit ready ?

Douglas Bischoff bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 10:19:08 -0400

On Tuesday, June 10, 2003, at 10:14 AM, Mark Constable wrote:

> What sections of code could be looked at to get
> the best mileage out of these possible 64bit
> performance improvements ?

Along the same lines, I was considering doing some profiling to see
where we might be able to code some improvements to processor-heavy
tasks (i.e. rendering mostly) to take advantage of things like Vector
coprocessors (AltiVec on the Mac, and I believe there's something
similar on the Windoze side?). Would this make things so
machine-specific that the cross-platform builds would no longer be
practical, or is there an easier way to do it?

-Bischofftep