[Bf-committers] Radiosity Engine

instinctive new media bf-committers@blender.org
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 18:20:23 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 7 Jun 2003, Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> really satisfied with. It is relatively clean code, and well
> structured. The conversion from regular mesh to radiosity-ready meshes
> is complex and handled pretty good. ("crappyfying" = adaptive
> hierarchical subdivision)

Hi,

I didn't mean to be offensive by using the word 'crappifying' :)

I just wanted to point out that the meshes structure is destroyed by
the subdivision, and you have to keep the original on some other layer
in order to be able to do modifications to it after applying radiosity.

I understand that realtime textures were not available back when the
radiosity engine was coded, and thus vertex-colours were chosen.

Now it would be incredibly nice if someone made texturing instead of
vertex colors an option (not me! hehe:)