[Bf-committers] Doxygen project

Nathan Letwory bf-committers@blender.org
Sun, 08 Jun 2003 11:29:20 +0300

Moro,

Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Right now, my opinion is simple:
>
> - doxify the classes/headers and external API only
> - no doxy comments inside the code, but restrict to .h files
> - only document what would give additional added value.
> - Code readability and layout should never be sacrified

Yeah, I'd say this is ok. I think the second one is important, if a
coder can't understand what's going on from the API documentation, then
either the documentation is not good, or the API just sux. The one
situation I'd say that code documentation is ok, is when a particular
algo is _very_ difficult to understand. Or at least a reference to some
documentation outside the code documentation, but still included in the
final doxydocs.

I think, though, that internal API should also be documented, as to open
Blender sources more for newcomers.

/Nathan