[Bf-committers] Radiosity Engine

instinctive new media bf-committers@blender.org
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 00:21:38 +0200 (CEST)

Hello!

I've been working with Radiosity quite a lot recently, and one
incredibly obvious question came to mind:

Why does the radiosity engine not SIMPLY use 'Add' textures instead
of crappifying the mesh and then using vertex colors?

You could continue to use your normal meshes, no complex layer-switching,
copying, replacing meshes, plus you could _ANIMATE_ (yes, that's right)
the radiosity light by simply animating the texture.

I don't get this! Why did it get coded this way? :)