[Bf-committers] Code readablity

Casey Corn bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 10:01:51 -0700 (PDT)

> The imbuf_types.h is a lot better this way!

Whew.  I had hoped so :) .

> Sorry, I forgot to check loadamiga... but there's
> still an overload of comments... let the code talk
> itself too.

<snip>

> My suggestion is to limit adding doxy comments at a
> higher level, to at least understand what the
structs
> or classes do, and how the module API calls work.

Okay.  I'll stick to documenting the high-level
purpose.  Do you think that I should stick to the
stuff which is exposed thru the header files as well?

I will remove the internal docs I added when I get the
chance, hopefully this weekend.

> Look at what Doxy is in Ghost... I think that's not
> disturbing at all.  The c-code comments are just
code
> comments (not doxyfied) which I think should remain
> that way.

Okay, I think I understand what you are saying.  I'll
look more closely at Ghost.

> Please, also provide html doxy examples of how it
> would look like... I don't have doxy here. Or
provide
> an example project with Doxy documentation you would
> like to use as a reference for what we should aim
at.

I have an outdated (about 1 week old) version of what
doxygen outputs for blender at:

http://www.extremezone.com/~frcornrs/doxygen/html/

These docs are the same as what should be produced if
doxygen is run in the doc directory.  I'll try to
update the html this weekend as well.

As far as an reference project goes, what would you
say about using Ghost?  If you would like, I could
write up a short tutorial about how to use doxygen
(with links to the output), using Ghost files and
functions as reference.

Thanks for the feedback!
Casey

P.S.
Thanks to sgefant for cleaning up after me.  I guess
it just goes to show that even if you double and
triple check everything, things still get through >:(
.  Sigh.