[Bf-committers] Gameengine - ODE and Python

Carsten Wartmann bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:04:28 +0200

Patrick writes:
 > maci_ray:

[···]
 > >I thought ODE would do almost the same as sumo/solid? Maybe the physics
 > >simulation is a bit different and has more features.
 >
 >     I think that putting solid back in when it's available would be a
 > good thing, because changing physics engines might totally throw the
 > physics off-whack for some old games.  Also, the current physics are a
 > bit more gamey, which might suit some games better than ODE.  Options

I think that the old engine is not good enough for both types of
games... Too simple for physic based games (Race, Fly, Space) and to
limitating for Jump&Run. So *I* think ODE would enhance, for Jump&Run
you usually have to make your own physics anyway (like the content
team at NaN did).

Carsten.