[Bf-committers] Gameengine - ODE and Python

maci_ray bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:58:11 +0200 (CEST)

 --- Patrick <saluk@flashmail.com> schrieb:

> I think the ODE would be a good step for the future, but keeping
> support for old games is important too I think, because of all the
> developers making games with current physics.  Like me, hehe.

I thought ODE would do almost the same as sumo/solid? Maybe the physics
simulation is a bit different and has more features.

> One way
> to handle the NMesh/etc modules would be to add an update command to
> Gamelogic that can take an object, image, or whatever thats been created
> in blender, convert it, and add it to the appropriate gameengine scene.
> Calling something from blender converter could do the trick.  Although
> I'm not sure if we have access to the Blender.* modules in exported
> games, so it might be better to rewrite them to use the gameengine
> formats, and put them on GameLogic.

I though in a similar way. I guess BPY is not availbe in gameplayer, but
I have to investigate further. On msvc-windows the SND_* restructureing
seems to have been forgotten for gameplayer.

> Good luck with the ODE guys, I'll keep working on culling I guess, I
> was going to try and tackle the collision detection problem but I think
> its in better hands:)  Keep us posted!

The bounding box values are not right I think, an ODE creates it's objects
from it. What to do for empty objects?

-
Hello out there. Has anybody tested the latest gameengine under windows?
Do the physics work?
-

Maci_Ray.

Logos und Klingeltöne fürs Handy bei http://sms.yahoo.de