[Bf-committers] Gameengine - ODE and Python
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 14:16:02 -0700
Nice to see the thread getting large guys, I thought things were
dead dead dead. Im working with an old tupohuu tree that had a working
game engine, havent done an update for a long time. I tried to get the
game engine working on bf-blender but could not get it to compile at
all. I tried getting rid of all the solid dependancies with no luck, I
think it would be good to keep those in though so we can put solid in in
I think the ODE would be a good step for the future, but keeping
support for old games is important too I think, because of all the
developers making games with current physics. Like me, hehe. One way
to handle the NMesh/etc modules would be to add an update command to
Gamelogic that can take an object, image, or whatever thats been created
in blender, convert it, and add it to the appropriate gameengine scene.
Calling something from blender converter could do the trick. Although
I'm not sure if we have access to the Blender.* modules in exported
games, so it might be better to rewrite them to use the gameengine
formats, and put them on GameLogic.
Good luck with the ODE guys, I'll keep working on culling I guess, I
was going to try and tackle the collision detection problem but I think
its in better hands:) Keep us posted!
Nice to see you around as well Carsten!