[Bf-committers] Gameengine - ODE and Python

maci_ray bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 13:15:07 +0200 (CEST)

 --- Kester Maddock <Christopher.Maddock.1@uni.massey.ac.nz> schrieb:

> Hi Michael,
Hi Kester

> It's funny how these things come up - I starting poking the game engine this
> weekend.

I read a book of someone who says that there is a common memory and
spirit :-).

> This is what I accomplished:
>
> Updated ODE from ODE cvs.  ODE now depends on OPCODE (OPtimised COllision
> DEtection) which is included in the ODE cvs for trimesh collision support.

I use in a more conservative way the latest release.

> Code to trigger the sensors that depend on collision detection: ray, touch,
> collision and near.

I suppose dynamics work for you? Could someone please verify on (msvc build)
windows.

> 2. Use ODE trimesh support.  Only box and sphere bounding boxes are used.

Are the ode examples functionating? After some time there are internal
errors at my box.

> 3. Cleanup memory management. Not doing that yet! :(

BTW: Why not use the C++ interface?

> 5. Wrap ODE in Python for Blender - cloth simulations etc.

That would be useful, but remeber what happens to sumo if
solid come back?

> The physics is a bit different to 2.24 - less game physics, more real
> physics.

You're very lucky with working physics :-((. Maybe I should post my
testfile?

Maci_Ray.

Logos und Klingeltöne fürs Handy bei http://sms.yahoo.de