gripes -- Re: [Bf-committers] New render options

Sun, 20 Jul 2003 10:48:05 +0200

Hi,

> This doesn't build on irix even after gmake
> clean -- there are dependencies in
> libblenkernel.a on librender.a ...
> this seems bad!

Yes, there are still a few needed for the displist-shading calls. The
dependency already existed... it's a known weakness, and my changes
didn't create new dependencies (to other modules).

> Attempts to change the order that the
> libs are linked results in a chain reaction
> of bad dependencies ... it would be best
> if blenkernel didn't rely on the render
> stuff (it's a kernel after all).

For the shaders stuff I didn't have to change a bit in the makefiles...
weird!
I'll ask around at IRC today to find out what happened.

> P.S. This SDL stuff is a headache too
> -- I think platform maintainers should
> choose their own compile/link flags rather
> than depending on an sdl-config program
> that may or may not be in their path
> (or even installed for that matter).

My idea too! :)