[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-python] pre release

Chris Want bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 20:58:32 -0600

>>Will there be a pre release 2 of the new blender? When?
> That was the plan, including both updates to exppython and the new sound
> code.  The guys working on that part agreed to wait a couple more days,
> so it could happen about today or tomorrow ... Michel?

Hi there folks,

Could we please try to coordinate some of
the release stuff through the mailing list
... it would be nice to stay informed about
this stuff without having to hang out on
irc 24x7.

The current issue that I would like to get
resolved before the release is the recompilation
of the SDL lib on Irix. The SDL lib that comes
from sgi freeware has aalib (ascii art) and
ncurses as dependencies and this is unacceptible.
Otherwise the sound stuff seems to work pretty
nicely (I'm told).

It would be nice to know how much time the
Irix team has to sort this out before the