[Bf-committers] Depth of field

uneboite uneboite bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 01:26:22 +0000

<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I 'm currently playing on implementing depth of field in blender using a convolution</DIV>
<DIV>filter during the rendering process. I've read a couple of e-mails on this archive talking about </DIV>
<DIV>this.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I'm aware that I may not be able to process transparency and halos correctly using</DIV>
<DIV>this method, among other limitations... I don't know well other methods for implementing</DIV>
<DIV>dof. There is jittering, I think, but it doesn't interrest me...</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The filter works (a sort of mean filter, gaussian was not satisfying enough).</DIV>
<DIV>I can "modulate" it , giving it a percentage (0%: blur, 100%:clear).</DIV>
<DIV>I still have to implement my "distances buffer", wich will give me the percentage of</DIV>
<DIV>blur I should give to a pixel. And try to make it work as fast as I can. And test it.</DIV>
<DIV>And...</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have also begun to work on buttons on the camera edit button screen. There will be</DIV>
<DIV>two choices: either use a front and a back distance, both fix values, to specify where</DIV>
<DIV>it should be sharp, where it should be blurred, or use a front and a back object.</DIV>
<DIV>Between these two objects, everything would be sharp. Before or after them, progressively blurred. The clear zone would follow&nbsp;these objects position, for animation purposes.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I'm&nbsp;asking myself&nbsp;if is there a possibility that these modifications&nbsp;will be implemented in an&nbsp; official version of Blender, knowing their limitations or if it would be preferable to wait for</DIV>
<DIV>a more complete version of dof?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Anyway I have lots of fun playing with it!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>