[Bf-committers] Solid library

Fri, 4 Jul 2003 14:06:14 +0200

Hi,

Ho shit! This gnu text is so hard to understand... they say this:

"Only the copyright holders for the program can legally authorize this
exception"

Here, a pointer to "the program" is confusing. From the text before it,
I've assumed that "the program" applies to the exception library. As
they write:

"This copyright notice and license notice give permission to link with
the program FOO:"

I hoped the (c) holder of Solid could allow it... but I now re-read it,
it seems that the (c) holders of Blender have to agree with it...
shesis.

> Does the Blender Foundation automatically own copyright of code that
> is committed? Or are the individual patches/commits/etc still owned by
> the
> authors?

Each contributor to the code holds the original (c). As is for the code
contributed by NaN.

Thanks for the hint, so this will mean it's just not possible...?

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org