[Bf-committers] Windows + geforge = please test

Soren Harward bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 23:22:50 -0600

On Thu 03 Jul 2003 at 06:30:49, Greg McBride said:

> It works. Blender seems to run just fine with Antiliasing turned on.

Just out of curiosity, I tried out FSAA under Linux with this evening's
CVS version.  Bad news :(  FSAA works well for every FSAA mode except
two: 2x Quincunx Multisampling and 4x Gaussian Multisampling -- modes 2
and 5, to use nVidia's numbering system.  With both these modes, if you
move the mouse pointer over the button bars, the image "ghosts" up and
to the right, and the whole display gets very blurry (I can make a
screenshot if someone wants).  All other modes (the Bilinear
Multisampling modes) work just fine.

I'm using a GeForce4 Ti 4600 with XFree86 4.3.0 and nVidia drivers 1.0.4349.
There are newer nVidia drivers available, so I'll try them this weekend
to see if they fix the problem.

--
Soren Harward
soren@byu.edu