[Bf-committers] More OS X Compile Notes

Douglas Bischoff bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 10:51:24 -0400

Hello, all:

Found part of my own problem: I had specified a
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET="10.2" which, when removed, eliminated the
error regarding the ID type being redefined. What it *DOES* cause is
the following warning at the end of linking:

> ld: warning dynamic shared library:
> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/CoreServices not
> made a weak library in output with MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET
> environment variable set to: 10.1

Also, currently a number of bad command line options are being
specified, to wit:

> cc1plus: warning: ignoring command line option '-Wbad-function-cast'
> cc1plus: warning: ignoring command line option '-Wmissing-declarations'
> cc1plus: warning: ignoring command line option '-Wnested-externs'

My checking of the gcc man pages suggests that the first and last
options (bad-function-cast and nested-externs) are C options ONLY. Why
are they being listed in nan_warn.mk as c++ warning definitions? Should
those be removed?

Not sure why missing-declarations is failing.

There are a large number of warnings about old style function casts...
I see that there is a compiler option to ignore those, too... should it
be included?

Compile is now successful on OS X. Thanks!

-Bish