[Bf-committers] Minutes bf-blender project members meeting, jan 26

John K. Walton bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 15:50:43 -0500 (EST)

Sorry, i missed meeting. some comments:

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Ton Roosendaal wrote:
[snip]
> - Quicktime license conflict: it is platform dependent... let's assume
> its part of the OS for OSX and Windows (no GPL conflict) and for the
> other platforms the LGPL version will be used.

please indicate where this LGPL version for other platforms is available.

> Action points still pending:
> - suggestion: a 'public release hack-down list' with code to be written
> for a release.
> - OSX: Project Builder files still in test.
> - Creator/Publisher targets in build system should be unified to a
> single Blender target.
> - ODE still hardly functions (cross platform)

do you mean it's missing on some platforms, but otherwise the
working correctly on at least one platform?

> -> In my opinion, the next release should focus on stability, bug &
> feature fixing!

yes!

> 5. which platforms/versions will be 'officially' supported, and: who to
> define 'cross platform'
>
> The appointed 'platform managers' will have the latest word on this...
> a more detailed discussion can be held once we're thinking of major
> improvements; like going for a newer OpenGL. In 2005 or so... ;-)

2005? hmmm.... oh blender 3.0! we're getting ahead of ourselves this
time. all blender 2.xx should be opengl1.2 compliant (irix platform
restriction).

> - date/time next meeting
>
> Less people attended this meeting... might be a coincidence, but for
> next sunday I'll ask the three bf-admins to mention a time. At least
> one of them should be able to attend!

i had a kids party, or i woulda been there!