[Bf-committers] Minutes bf-blender project members meeting, jan 19

Fri, 24 Jan 2003 11:34:30 +0100

Hi,

I am not a big fan of special compiler/CPU optimized Blender versions.
However, given the nature of this project, it will fully depend at a
volunteer who's interested in maintaining such a version.
If Douglas can manage it, and - of course - doesn't have to break
compatibility with other platforms, or introduce more complexity for
the other coders, than he should have our blessings!

This is also part of the "what is cross platform" discussion, still to
be held & decided on...

-Ton-

On Friday, Jan 24, 2003, at 05:06 Europe/Amsterdam, Douglas Toltzman
wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, John K. Walton wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Kent Mein wrote:

>>> I would say your not going to get much in the way of performance
>>> boosts,
>>> and the more Linux platforms we have the more confusing its going to
>>> be
>>> for the average user.  My vote is leave specific builds up to the