[Bf-committers] SDNA code and starting Python scripts from command line

Gregor Mückl bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 23:40:39 +0100

Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 1. There's a sort-of python board now. They can review it. I wouldn't
> consider this a showstopper though... nice to put at the list to do!

Well, I think this is useful, but it's just an idea and nothing I (or
anybode else I know) really need (anymore).

> 2. In blender/source/blender/blenkernel/intern/blender.c there's a line
> setting global variable G.order. That's how the system's endianess is
> defined.
> In each file there's a code for the endianness too. It's a hack: the
> 'magic number' of a file has info hidden in it:
>
> BLENDER-V220
>        ^     a '-' is 32 bits, a '_' is 64 bits files
>         ^    a 'V' is big endian, a 'v' is little endian
>
> -Ton-
>

> in file blender/source/blender/blenloader/intern/readfile.c function
> decode_blender_header is the code.

Thank you very much for that info. It helps me a lot. I wouldn't have
understood that hack from the sources. Btw: The way to detect system
endianess at runtime is brilliant :)

Bye,
Gregor