[Bf-committers] "MSVC via cygwin Makefiles" compile report

Frank van Beek bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:16:14 +0100 (CET)

Hi Chris,

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Chris Want wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I Gave this a try last night and it worked really
> well, with only 2 small "gotcha's":
>
> * I had to change NAN_PYTHON_VERSION from 2.0 to 2.2
> in source/nan_definitions.mk to match the version
> in lib/windows.

Yes, I've overruled it by setting NAN_PYTHON_VERSION=2.2 in my
environment. Now that nan_definitions.mk has a seperate windows section it
can be changed there. You can commit your changes to nan_definitions.mk if
you want.

I did have to recompile the cygwin python because the python that comes
with it had one unresolved symbol. You didn't run into that problem ?

> * I had to change COMLIB += $(NAN_JPEG)/lib/libjpeg.a
> to COMLIB += $(NAN_JPEG)/lib/libjpeg-static.a in
> source/Makefile to match what is in lib/windows

I did a

  ln -s libjpeg-static.a libjpeg.a

in $(NAN_JPEG)/lib/. We should probably move it to libjpeg.a in CVS and
change the MSVC files accordingly.

> Other than that it worked like a charm
> -- keep up the good work, Frank!

Is there any chance of getting some of the nice tuhopuu improvements into
this version of Blender ? Or getting tinderbox up and running for tuhopuu
? Recompiling the same sources over and over again is not really much of a
challenge. ;-)

Frank.