[Bf-committers] CVS commit: blender/intern/tools/tinderbox tinderbox-blender.pl

John K. Walton bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 12:19:11 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Wouter van Heyst wrote:

> larstiq (Wouter van Heyst) 2003/01/15 16:19:24 CET
>
>   Modified files:
>     blender/intern/tools/tinderbox tinderbox-blender.pl
>
>   Log:
>   Add some code to be able to do an autotools build with tinderbox, as well as
>   the traditional one.

this is a good. however, I want to stress two points:
1) autotools needs to produce a useful complete binary, which is doesn't
now.
2) there needs to be a way to build both with the autotools, and the
traditional one on platforms (you guessed it IRIX) that support
more than one compiler in a non exclusive way. gcc for free
compiler availability, and mipspro for greater application performance
(and code development environment). at the moment, gcc doesn't work
on irix with the traditional build, and mipspro doesn't build with the
autotools build. which is fine, as long as BOTH are available through
one build system or the other.