[Bf-committers] making things a little more generic

John K. Walton bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 17:31:05 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Kent Mein wrote:

> Anyone have any problems with the following changes?

yes.

> Basically The first one I changed from /bin/sh to /bin/bash
> because solaris's sh does not work with the script.

no, this is a problem. on irix there is no /bin/bash, only
/usr/freeware/bin/bash

> The second two are removing the direct call to perl and letting
> it find perl in your path instead.
> (found this bit on the following web site:
> http://www.lns.cornell.edu/~pvhp/ptk/etc/perl_general_start)

i'm not sure if this is a problem in general but i'm sure it'll screw
something up for me, since I had to load the mailtools for perl, i used
my irix path, but now i have to uninstall the freeware version, since
other GNU tools (using this call by name) forced me to put freeware/local
first in my path.

what is the reason for changing perl?