[Bf-committers] Tinderbox with autotools hack

LarstiQ bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 23:20:26 +0100

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 11:12:14PM +0100, Hans Lambermont wrote:
> LarstiQ wrote:
>
> > attached is a diff that makes use of the autotoolized build system.
>
> Nice start, expecially that it doesn't break the other build.
>
> The tinderbox script should not need changes, so an external *optional*
> config file should be built.

I agree.

> Oh, and the build-type should show up in the tinderbox header :) just
> like how I added the hostname recently.

Ok, will add it to the header.

> I'm about to have tinderbox copy itself from CVS and restart if the
> files are different, that's the only way to really control the build
> without having to wait for all volunteers. Do you all agree with this ?

Oeh, that way we can have it automatically switch to multiple build
trees if needed, agreed.

> > It also introduces some not-so-nice extra syntax to deal with the
> > autotools/regular cases.
>
> more config file candidates ?

Possibly, a top level Makefile for the regular build system will greatly
simplify things, so I'll work on that also.

LarstiQ