[Bf-committers] Python!

Charles Wardlaw bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 10:51:14 -0800 (PST)

What kind of work are we looking at with regards to python?  IE, what's
broken, what worked in previous versions that doesn't now (I hear the
one of the Mesh modules no longer works?)?

Has there been any talk already about possibly moving the python
glue-code into SWIG, or is adding Yet Another Dependendy (tm) something
nobody wants to get into?  From what I've seen, SWIG
(http://www.swig.org/) is great at making the correct connections for
projects just like this.  (On the up side, people not directly working
with python wouldn't have to download it either -- AFAIK it generates
C/C++ code that can be distributed as is.)

- Charles