[Bf-committers] Python Mesh module bug.

Robert Wenzlaff bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 22:23:22 -0500

I posted it to the forum but I'll send a quick note here too:

The foundation released 2.25 binary seems to have a bug in the Mesh modul=
e=20
Python code.

Everytime I run Mesh.update() the user count for the mesh's material goes=
 down=20
by 1.  Eventually it goes negative and blender no longer changes it (up o=
r=20
down), but then on save/reload, it gets deleted.

It does this even if other objects use the material.  The links still sho=
ws up=20
in the OO window, though (until the deletion anyway).

Unfortunatly, I can't test further, since at some point the Mesh module w=
as=20
removed from the CVS.  Why was this removed?  I was under the impression =
that=20
NMesh was depreciated and Mesh was "the new way", not vice versa.
--=20
Three rings for the Elven Kings....
     after that, their answering machine picks up.
Robert Wenzlaff        rwenzlaff@soylent-green.con