[Bf-committers] Tinderbox is up

Frank van Beek bf-committers@blender.org
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 15:08:57 +0100 (CET)

Hi John,

> ok i fixed that. irix has perl standard distributed in /usr/bin.
> then the freeware perl is in /usr/freeware/perl. then the
> sendmailpm download puts it into /usr/local .. so once that's
> all straightened out i get this (perl in debug mode):

I was forced to fiddle with installing perl modules on Irix myself only
weeks ago. It's messy indeed ;-(

But I was under the impression that when you get a module from CPAN it
would always install it in the current perl's search path.

Installing a perl module from CPAN always starts with a:

  perl Makefile.pl

And that it will install itself in a different location if you do a:

  /bin/perl         Makefile.pl
  /usr/freeware/bin Makefile.pl
  /usr/local/bin    Makefile.pl

But I could be wrong... Halfway through the project it was decided that
the scripts had to run on a linux instead of a irix machine so I never
finished the Irix install.

Frank.