[Bf-committers] Tinderbox is up
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 01:35:59 +0100
Tinderbox is up :) See
It's not finished though: the 'Guilty' column should show the latest
commit actions, so that when all is green you see immediately who broke
what on which platform.
Also the error logs (see the 'L' links) should point immediately to
Bonsai and LXR so that you get the exact line in the file that broke the
build. You'll also see the commit message (the reason for the commit)
and which files were changes in the file (blame allocation it's called
The tinderbox.pl script is a mess now, it was totally tuned to the 10
NaN compile machines, building everything from the dynamic and static
blenders to the browser plugins and uploading the ready-for-release
tar.gz files as well.
Our first goal should be to just compile blender with it IMO.
These volunteers can start now:
MacOSX/ppc: LarstiQ, SirDude
Irix/mips: JWalton (gcc + mipspro), SirDude
Linux/i386: SirDude, LarstiQ
Solaris/sparc: SirDude, Hans
FreeBSD/i386: Bert, Hans
This is my setup:
1) make a useraccount named 'tinderbox'
2) copy intern/tools/tinderbox/tinderbox-blender.pl to ~tinderbox/
3) su - tinderbox
4) touch .cvspass
5) (tcsh assumed) setenv CVSROOT :pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvsroot/bf-blender
6) cvs login (password is anonymous)
8) beat tinderbox-blender.pl into submission and look at
http://tinderbox.blender.org/showbuilds.cgi?tree=source for its results.
9) make your changes such that they do not interfere with other
platforms (duh) and commit them.
Lots of work remains of course. Tinderbox uses the NaN makefiles for
now, a 2nd one should be set up for the auto* gang.