[Bf-committers] CVS commit: blender/intern/python/freeze freeze_ac.py

Carsten Wartmann bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 1 Jan 2003 04:33:33 +0100

LarstiQ writes:
 > On Wed, Jan 01, 2003 at 03:07:47AM +0100, Unprivileged User wrote:
 > > nobody      2003/01/01 03:07:47 CET
 > >
 > >   Modified files:
 > >     blender/intern/python/freeze freeze_ac.py
 > >
 > >   Log:
 > >   A kludge to use the right compiler while freezing
 > >   using gcc under Irix -- without this it uses only
 > >   'cc -n32' (since this is what the sgi employee
 > >   who compiled the python stuff used).
 >
 > Which brings up the issue of how the freeze currently works, I don't
 > know why exactly it tries to pull build information from the python
 > installation, we can hack around this, or provide a more structural
 > solution that actually looks at build choices the user made, but is
 > there anyone that knows how the freeze works and why? This isn't the
 > only goofy thing going on.

I talked with Strubi 2 days ago and he said something about people
beeing angry about this hack etc. ;-) So if I am right it is only for
the VRML2 import hack and should probably be just an (default off)
compiletime option?

Carsten.