[Bf-committers] Problem (crashes) with blender cvs and dri on Linux/XFree86 4.2.x

Hans Lambermont bf-committers@blender.org
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 14:59:42 +0100

Meino Christian Cramer wrote:

> hans> Did you build a debugging blender ?
> 	  I know of the -d option to switch some "debug mode"...
> 	  Is it, what you mean ?

Nope, read on.

> 	  For builing blender I use the following script:
>
> 	  #!/bin/sh
>       set -e
>       unset CFLAGS
>       unset CXXFLAGS
>       export CC=gcc
>       ./bootstrap
>       configure --disable-openal
>       make release
>       sudo make install
>       cd ..
>       sudo rm -rf newdir
>
> 	  If the "debuggin blender is the default, then...
> 	  Please inform me, if not...I will rebuild blender then...

I don't know how to enable this for the auto* stuff, but for the
traditional makefiles the target is 'make debug' instead of 'make all'.

> hans> >  #0  0x40b17265 in radeonUpdateTexLRU ()
> hans> >    from /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/radeon_dri.so
> hans> Because this is a little short. Extra history will help.

I mean extra gdb output from a debugging enabled blender. Lines like #1
... #2 ... below the #0 and so on. Also pointers like 0x40b17265 would
be readable if radeon_dri.so was compiled with debugging on. That would
also help. Can you do this ?

> hans> Does the problem also show with older (NaN?) blender versions ?
>
> 	  I wil check this...let me send this mail and please mail me
> 	  back, what I can do to get an "debig-blender" and I will play
> 	  again Mr.Core Dump ;)))

hehe :)

groetjes,
  Hans

ps. 'interesting' quoting style from Mew ;-) Pity that it clashes with
RFC style quoting.
--
http://lambermont.webhop.org/   () ascii ribbon campaign - against HTML mail,
                                /\ vCards and proprietary formats