[Bf-committers] Problem (crashes) with blender cvs and dri on Linux/XFree86 4.2.x

Hans Lambermont bf-committers@blender.org
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 11:50:18 +0100

Meino Christian Cramer wrote:

>  since some time blender 2.26+ (cvs) crashes often. I checked the core
>  dump and found the following:
>
>  solfire:[mccramer]> gdb /usr/local/bin/blender core

Did you build a debugging blender ?

>  #0  0x40b17265 in radeonUpdateTexLRU ()
>    from /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/radeon_dri.so

Because this is a little short. Extra history will help.

>  It seems, that the radeon_dri module is the bad guy...

Could be, but perhaps Blender asks for something that is not supposed to
work in the first place ;-)

>  glxgears has no problems to run.

I'm not surprised. Blender probably uses more different OpenGL commands.

>  GHOST_EventPrinter::processEvent, time: 26598, type: GHOST_kEventWindowSize
>  GHOST_EventPrinter::processEvent, time: 27561, type: GHOST_kEventWindowActivate
>  Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Hmm, Maarten ? Any hints from this ?

>  Any hint is very welcome since a constantly crashing blender is a
>  little annoying... ;O)

Does the problem also show with older (NaN?) blender versions ?

Hans
--
http://lambermont.webhop.org/   () ascii ribbon campaign - against HTML mail,
                                /\ vCards and proprietary formats