[Bf-committers] Fwd: Question on Blender and network usage

LarstiQ bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 15:00:19 +0100

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 12:11:34PM +0100, Ton Roosendaal wrote:
<snip>

> >In configuring Blender 2.26 for building, I notice that it makes use of
> >arpa/inet.h and the openssl package.  I am wondering why a graphics
> >package
> >would make use of the network.

I'm not sure what exact instances Hagbard means, but openssl is for
signing content. From a quick grep, both openssl and nspr (needed for
the plugin) depend on <arpa/inet.h>. So both aren't strictly needed for
the graphics usage, but ripping them out is something else :). Being
able to choose what parts of blender you want built is a goal, and we're
slowly getting there.

LarstiQ