[Bf-committers] UV textures - spheremapping

Carsten Wartmann bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 09:29:34 +0100

Tina Hirsch writes:
 > I don't know if there's a good reason why spheremapping was removed from the
 > 'UV calculation' menu, but many people - including me - do miss that feature
 > since Blender2.25. So here's a _very_ little patch to enable this again.
 > Well, it's just one line that readds the option to the menu because the actual
 > code doing it is still there - and seems to work fine.

The code itself is not very good (to be polite). I *guess* it was
removed because of the bad mapping which it produces.

There was a script or external programm on blender.org and the guy
there was really producing better mapping coordinates, maybe we should
incorporate that. It had also some limitations though...

Maybe there is even a better way to map spherical, there has to,
because 3DSMAX is doing it much better...

Carsten.