[Bf-committers] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/src space.c drawobject.c

Frank van Beek bf-committers@blender.org
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 23:33:38 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003, Ingrid@ingiebee wrote:

> Ah, shoot, wasn't thinking when you suggested that, my problem isn't with
> open GL, but rather, the video card on my notebook is so weak.  With Crystal
> Space, you can set it up to run off the cpu (software mode) and their games
> run fine on my 650 P3 machine, but only that way.

Hi Ingie,

That's exactly what the mesa version of the OpenGL library does. It
renders all OpenGL commands in software and then sends the resulting
bitmap to the video card. It's terrably slow but it just might improve
your frame rate.

Frank.